Breakfast Guest

Thursday, March 23, 2006

My sister-in-law sent me this story about their experience in Scotland with some very large birds, I just had to share it with everyone. Had pictures, but of course blogger is not working with me. "I just thought you might enjoy seeing pictures of some surprise guests we had Monday morning. Ethan was in the living room watching cartoons, and I was taking a bath upstairs when they arrived. Ethan came up to tell me about the big black birds in the yard. I told him they where probably ravens, thinking (quite naturally) that he was exaggerating when he shouted "They're bigger than me". When he failed to get the response from me that he craved, he dragged Hayden out of bed and down the stairs to see them. At which point Hayden started to scream "TURKEYS, mom we have turkeys in the yard." Being of true cajun blood, both then decided that we should have turkey for dinner and let Savannah (the dog) out. I was finally able to convince them that perhaps the farmer up the road may take offense to us killing his escaped fowl. In the bushes behind the turkeys was a pheasant. The day before we had about 5 grouse running about the yard. Ethan says (and I quote) "What next cows and sheep?""

No comments:

Post a Comment

Proudly designed by Mlekoshi playground