Heck on Liberty, Give me some Space ...

Saturday, March 18, 2006

In the room, in the living room, in the kitchen, outside, in the laundry room, in the bathroom - I feel as though I'm being raided. It's just such a coincidence that my children are right there every step I take. It never fails that when I leave one room that they migrate to that room. I love having my children around, but sometimes I feel I have a magnet on my butt that pulls them into every room I enter. When I realize one is distracted I make a mad dash to the bathroom, lock it, and pee in peace. It's a race, a race for space. How far can I get before they realize I'm not there? And it's not just my kids, I think my husband is in on the game, too. Especially when I'm on the phone. It's like a silent alarm goes off and one sends out the morse code to the others to say "Breaker, breaker mother goose is on the loose. 10-4. We are sending Jack and Jill up the hill." And as you desperately send out the SOS of mother sign language to go to the other room or quiet down, they look at you like you are some mad woman that needs to be committed.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Proudly designed by Mlekoshi playground