My Guy

Friday, November 15, 2019


I know a day late and a dollar short, but never too late to just mention if you didn’t already know how blessed I am to call this man my husband. Soon we will mark 15 years of marriage. I will probably forget as usual (thank you to Kimberly D Duplantis though for always reminding me) yet I never forget his birthday. Like all his birthdays, we wanted this one to be special. Yet, plans to make a gumbo and blackberry dumplings were delayed by a chaotic day. Car trouble, hacked checking account, daughter with a severe nose bleed and a close call car accident into a building set off several triggers for me - one being an accident nearly 14 years ago. It brought me right back into that moment and scared me. Even then I was losing control of quite a few things not just a vehicle being veared off by an 18 wheeler towards a bayou - loss of job, loss of home all due to a storm that rocked our lives.

I thank God for Claire & my safety yesterday as God’s hands protected us from further harm in each situation. I thank God that sometimes I am not in control and that He takes care of it. Just when we start to lose control in the storm we have to release the helm and give it to Him. Release all anxiety and let His spirit fill us with peace. For He is in control - He is our captain in the storm. I am so thankful that He guided my ship to Clint Gautreaux 19 years ago. No other man can put up with my shenanigans and crazy wife moments, no other man can understand me quite the way he does, no other man can comfort and settle my heart the way this man does. I slept the best I have slept in months and all it took was me being able to lay my head on his shoulders. Thank you Lord for these reminders even in the midst of our storms, you gave me a light - heck you have given me a great, big, giant, hairy fishermen’s lighthouse to guide me to safety and for that I am so thankful. I love you bae and Happy late birthday!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Proudly designed by Mlekoshi playground