Come to Him

Thursday, March 19, 2020




Amidst the chaos I find peace, where you ask? Right here ... in The Lord's word.

This is one I have shared with a few ladies but thought it was quite fitting for this time.
We all experience stress in different ways. Sometimes we can pin point exactly where our stress comes from. Other times it is not so obvious and it can be multilayered.

If you have ever seen the movie, Shrek you will know the line about the onion. In it Shrek tries to explain to Donkey that Ogres have layers like an onion. Of course, the silly donkey doesn't understand it, but it definitely had me thinking a little deeper. (DreamWorks gets deep y'all). They took an outcast, ugly, scary ogre and gave him depth in one scene. Ogres like onions have layers and so do we. I know bear with me ... I'm taking a cartoon and an onion and delivering a message from God.
An onion is a bulb pulled out of the dirt; its outer layer dirty and peeling. It is then brought in to be cleaned. When it is ready to be used layers will be peeled away and of course the tears begin to flow. The layers might be chopped, cooked and or fried. However, the onion is handled - underneath it all, in its core is what is called a "sweetheart". We come to God broken and dirty, He makes us clean and then begins to peel away the layers. The layers of heartbreak, of sin, of grief and of physical ailments and sickness and the tears begin to flow. But underneath all our layers of weariness and stress is God's heart.
As we work through those layers we can find rest and peace in Him, because His promise remains and His heart is always within us.
God is peeling back those layers for us, getting down to the "sweetheart" of it all - Him. "Come to me, all you who are weary and burdened, and I will give you rest. Take my yoke upon you and learn from me, for I am gentle and humble in heart, and you will find rest for your souls. For my yoke is easy and my burden is light.” Matthew 11:28-30

What are your burdens today? What are you stressing about?

Go to Him and rest your burdens at his feet! Let all those layers peel away and let the shackles and chains fall to the floor. You are His daughter, You are His son! ❤

No comments:

Post a Comment

Proudly designed by Mlekoshi playground