What are you filling?

Sunday, November 15, 2020

Are you filling a seat or filling the atmosphere?

Are you filling a spot or filling a spirit?

Are you filling a position or filling a heart?
There are times I walk in my flesh and let the world and its circumstances get in the way of progress. It might even take me a day or two to survey the damage I have inflicted on myself or others. We are inevitably sinful. We are not perfect, but if 2020 doesn't start causing you to reflect I don't know what will.
I ain't gonna lie this year has been sucky. No other word for it. Like there have probably been so many memes and hashtags made about this year there has got to be a record broken. Yet have you seriously looked at the good things that have happened? Change your perspective. I refuse to not clearly see what God is doing in the midst of it all. We have to walk across the bridge to His promises. We have to know He will part the sea, provide bountiful provisions, move the mountains, defeat the giants and bring the walls down. But we will never see it happen though if we never cross the bridge. We will never see it if we stay stuck where we are.
I am not angry about our indifferences or disagreements about how we perceive the world and its issues. But I can honestly say I am sad that our differences cause divisions that have become so unrepairable without God in our lives.
My heart hurts for those that are not lifted in this time by:
His love despite our transgressions
His kindness despite our hatred
His patience despite our stubbornness
His faithfulness despite our loyalty
His gentleness despite our violence
His joy despite our disappointment
His goodness despite our evilness
See without Him none of it can make any sense. If we don't give Him the helm and let Him guide our ship into the correct harbor. We will dock ourselves in uncharted areas that will fill us with sin, hatred, stubbornness, idolization, violence, disappointment and evilness and our boat will rot in the harbor. We then are just filling a seat, filling a spot, filling a position that might not be ours to even take. We should be filling the atmosphere, filling a spirit and filling hearts.
Choose Love
Choose Kindness
Choose Patience
Choose Faithfulness
Choose Gentleness
Choose Joy
Choose Goodness
Choose Him
And it is gonna be hard trust me I battle with it every day. Yet It will be the path worth taking, because at the end of it is God's promises.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Proudly designed by Mlekoshi playground