Save the Drama for Your Mama!

Sunday, March 5, 2006




While observing my godchild, Kyla and her sister, Kaydi, in their true form today for Kaydi's first birthday; I realized what my sister has in her home - TOO MUCH ESTROGEN! I think I have a lot to learn on handling girls. You'd think because I'm a girl myself (as my three old has informed me that I don't have a "birdie" I just have a butt - guess I'll be locking those bathroom doors now) anyway it seems that I would know how to handle girls. But I don't! I'm quite known as the tough mom and I stick it to them. I don't think girls respond well to, "Get over it," or "Do we need to cut it off? No, then you're fine." Those words are much more traumatic to them than to boys. My boys find it quite funny when somebody is hurt in some wicked way, so cutting off their arm they fell on might actually be fun. When a boy cries it may be for a moment, when a girl cries break out the orchestra, maybe a movie and popcorn - you are going to be there awhile. Trust me no belly bubbles work here. Let it be known - she wants to be heard and heard she will be. Can't say I'm that different though. Just ask my husband, he hears it quite often. But these are the most beautiful girls - emotional outbursts and all I could ever ask for - besides I can return them anytime I want.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Proudly designed by Mlekoshi playground