Not Anymore

Monday, May 29, 2006

Competitions in our household are quite common. Whether it is a display of wrestling, a eating contest, a race, or who can make the biggest mess. There's always some sort of fun going on. But it is NOT fun when the competition is involving the parental figures. Our competition is one long debated in many households around the world ---Who Works Harder---(I hope - if not then maybe my husband is right and I need medication). You would think I could win this contest with ease (as I'm sure most of you moms would agree), but my husband every once in awhile seems to believe he works so hard (implying that I don't). When the words, "Can't I get a break?" come flying out of the Hubby's mouth, it sets off an alarm throughout my body and I shriek, "WWWHHAATTT? Can you get a break? Can Y.O.U. get a break?" I know he didn't just ask the 24 hour working mother of three, if he could get a break. I know he didn't just ask me to lay off, so he can relax. So, of course like a broken record the words come spilling out of my mouth as they have many times before, "You don't know what it's like to be a mom who gave birth, raised and disciplined three children, you don't know what it is like to run a household 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, 365 days a year (yes, even on Mother's Day). And furthermore you don't know what it's like to be a woman who has excrutiating pain, bloating, migraines, yuckiness, and moodiness once a month." Hubby just stands there looking at me like I'm a mad woman who needs to be committed soon and out pipes my three-year old, "Yeah, Dad cuz you not a woman anymore." Oh, how I've raised him well.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Proudly designed by Mlekoshi playground