Til You are Married ...

Sunday, May 21, 2006

Long ago, my Uncle used to tell us, "Oh you'll live til you're married," in response to our woes as a young child. Since of course, my sister and I being the natural females we are, had many woes this phrase became quite common. Much like the ones you hear in your head and repeat to your children. So, I've probably repeated this phrase to my kids, oh a thousand times or so in response to their woes. Of course, never giving it thought that like always it will one day come back to haunt me. Seth(ocrates) as mentioned before is quite the philosopher. He has commented on this phrase several times, like for instance when I did marry hubby he responded with, "So, are you going to die now." and when asked about his girlfriend he responded with, "Yeah, I like her, but I'll never marry her, because I'd like to live a little longer." Shame on me!! for giving my child such an ill-fated vision of what marriage is, but nonetheless he has realized not to take it so literally. Yet, on an outing this weekend I was able to witness the cycle of the ill-fated marriage prediction continue on to the next generation. Place: LoneStar Time: Too Late Date: On a day that should have been more productive, yet ended without purpose. HunterBunter: "Oohh, it's hot." Me: "What's hot?" HunterBunter: "My mac-n-cheez" Sethocrates: "Oh, you'll live til your married, but it's over after that." Hubby: "I'll have to agree with you there." Me: "Ugh"
My guys gotta love them!
ClaireBear doesn't know what family she was born into (poor baby!)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Proudly designed by Mlekoshi playground