Wild Weekend W(r)evelations

Wednesday, May 10, 2006

Claire Bear, by the way, has been sitting up also. She is such a cutey pie. I can't believe she'll be 5 months this month. Well, I only have two w(r)evelations this week, due to my busy schedule!
W(r)evelation #1: I can't keep letting my child fall asleep at the table, my technique is not working (see Stick it to 'em). Solution #1: Light up candles and let him blow them out when he finishes his meal. Result #1: He did it! He actually did not fall into his stubborn Hunter Bunter way and ate his meal and was then delighted to blow out the candles (cheap thrill - which Hubby says I am after half a beer). Bonus: Added a little romance to our supper (well, as romantic as you can get with 3 kids). W(r)evelation #2: Children are deaf or too much wax in the ears, they will not hear what you have to say, even if it concerns their safety. Solution #2: They love to play Simon says, except we put our own spin on it and call it "Gautreaux says" Tell them what needs to be done using this game. Result #2: It worked wonders. I didn't have to repeat myself and they even asked for more. "Mommy, what do we do next?" I know sounds unbelievable, but it worked as well as a Hallmark.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Proudly designed by Mlekoshi playground