Days Like These

Wednesday, May 17, 2006

On days like these, I try to reflect on why I love being a mother and not get caught up on focusing on the many "crazy" activities that my children get involved in. I've had quite a bit of a rough time with my Hunter Bunter, yet even when I'm about to give up I try to give it one more round. Just one more fight worth fighting for. In the end, I feel I'm not fighting for my child to behave, but fighting to raise a man with integrity, respect, love, kindness, thoughtfullness, and honesty. Just when I feel like throwing in the towel, I remind myself why I was chosen to be a mother --- because I can. I can mother him through the good and even the bad. I will stand by him and fight with every drop of my being to be sure that he turns out to be the man I believe he can be. It's days like these, that remind me what true motherhood is about - never giving up the fight.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Proudly designed by Mlekoshi playground