Mushy But Needed

Friday, July 7, 2006

Anyone who knows me, knows we've had a pretty rough year since August '05. Yet, my head still remains above water. I don't believe in pedaling through the storm without getting a little wet. I realize that we all can't have it all our way all the time. But sometimes when you've hit rock bottom and you don't seem to be going up, it gets tough to keep up the positivity. Three very important people to me (two family members and one a very best friend of mine) are going through some really hard times and don't seem to have that upbeat attitude they once did. Almost as though they are losing faith. I once turned to them for enlightenment, grounding, and encouragement through my trials and tribulations, but now I see that I must step up to the plate and give them a dose of their own medicine. To My Three Very Important People What I have learned from you: That we can wish our whole lives that our life will follow the paths we dream or pray for, yet sometimes along the way we find that what we dreamed and prayed for may not have been what was best for us. There are lessons in everything. That if you bottle up what is keeping you down, you will never see what the true human spirit in others is like to help you get through it. Those are the blessings worth receiving. That it just takes one friend to "go to jail" for you, to really understand her true love for you and what she would sacrifice. (just a note to readers, don't take that literally) That a pray unanswered may be your answer. He knows what's best. That just when you feel like giving up, I'll be there to helpvpick up the pieces. In my own story, in the past year, we've had a major hurricane, a job loss, a home loss, a car accident resulting in a car loss, and my grandmother passing away. Yet even in my darkest day, full of anxiety on the road, bill stressed, and grief stricken. These three and others guided me through. I don't believe that it is just God that gets us through, I believe he sends Angels to help Him with His work. My family and friends have definitely been mine.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Proudly designed by Mlekoshi playground