very excited to announce ...

Monday, March 29, 2010

that i've got a offer to be a freelance writer for PoV magazine.  i can't explain in words (note:  kind of funny huh, cuz like i'm supposed to be a writer)  what this means to me.  it's a stepping stone for me, but wow what a great first step.  they are a wonderfully creative staff and i'm so ecstatic to join them.  i love writing so i can't wait to get started.  as a little girl and still to this day, when i begin writing or typing the more passionate i am about it, the faster my fingers go and i actually begin to sweat.  i tense up and words just start spewing everywhere (sorry to those who have been in the line of fire), but my whole body reacts to the words i lay out.  i love every second of it.  i pray this leads me to completing a novel, b/c that is truly something i've always dreamed of. 

soooooo, in celebration of this awesome news i'm turning back the hands of time and digging out each day writings from junior high (when i first started putting my feelings down) all the way through college (where if i remember correctly i really get deep).  this ought to be interesting.

here's one from the 7th grade:

The Truth Hurts

Go ahead give me an excuse
Give me a reason that will make it all better
Think of something to wash away my pain
Imagine up a story to stop my tears from flowing
Because your lies have made me happy
Your truths have hurt


2 comments:

  1. Congratulations, Shell. How exciting! Best wishes with this new endeavor.

    Annemarie

    ReplyDelete
  2. hey lady....congrats on the art show. It is a wonderful thing to create beautiful things and be able to share that beauty!!!!

    BIg hugs to ya!

    ReplyDelete

Proudly designed by Mlekoshi playground