try on my shoes for awhile ...

Monday, March 15, 2010

try on my shoes for awhile
before you judge.
take a close look at my shoes
before you tell me what you have to say.

do you see the worn heels?
do you see the places i've been?
can you see the shoe from within?

now take a stroll awhile in my shoes
before you tell me how you feel.
now start to run and take some strides
before you cast your lies.
slow down and feel the burn
before you finally decide.

because you'll never know until you've fully walked in my shoes, what it's like.
so please don't pretend you do

now take them off and walk back to your life -
a lot easier, right?


editor's note:  this is not intended for any one person, so please do not come back to try to sue me for slander or whatever the heck else you could sue me for.  just taking note of other's lives as well as mine.  sometimes we just need to step back and try on someone else's shoes for awhile and it's just kind of sad when we don't.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Proudly designed by Mlekoshi playground