Yes, I finally remembered ...

Thursday, November 26, 2015

On my own I have finally remembered it is our anniversary.  Yes, I know it sounds terrible that we never remember it or that we don't really celebrate it.  Heck, we haven't even had a honeymoon.

Yet, you have to know us to understand that for us it's okay.  Yeah, I would love to say we are going on a trip to Hawaii or even just somewhere in Louisiana.  Yet, my mind wanders and I try to put something together on this busy expensive holiday and then think:  all the time I am wasting.  If there is no place I'd rather be than with him then today my couch will do.
In the last 11 years, we have had some ups and downs, though honestly more downs than ups, yet the one thing that remains is him.  Despite the broken road I've traveled to get to him and the dusty path that causes us to lose focus we are still here, still holding hands and still together.  And though 11 years doesn't sound like much and our 15 years together isn't much either.
              I feel like I have been with him

(Courtesy of Sandlot)

Our marriage is probably made of more oh wells than Dryville.
We just make do with whatever is given to us, even when it is a vehicle that has more parts that don't work than do.
We know the difference between wants and needs.
We are faithful with what God provides.
I truly believe that's what makes our marriage work.
We accept what we cannot change and move on to what we can.  And most of the change has come from within.  
It seems fitting today that our anniversary falls on thanksgiving this year, because we have so much to be thankful for.
Happy Anniversary Bae!
I love you!
Even though




2 comments:

Proudly designed by Mlekoshi playground