Day 23

Monday, December 23, 2019


Day 23 of The 25 Gifts of Christmas:

The Gift of Boldness
Boldness is acting, by the power of the Holy Spirit, on an urgent conviction in the face of some threat.
As a child, I was never one to back down from fighting for what was right. I boldly spoke up when others were being teased or mistreated, I was vocal and opinionated. For many years, I thought that was what true boldness was. For years, I misinterpreted the act of boldness for just ... well ... being plain loud!
Years ago, my daughter showed me what true boldness was in a way I had never imagined could really fit the definition of boldness.
Boldness isn't loud, it isn't prideful, it isn't arrogant or selfish. If you know my daughter, I'm sure you could easily say she is bold when it comes to speaking up in many areas, but it is in her quiet boldness that I see such supernatural strength. Her courage to be ever so quiet under threatening circumstances, soaking it in and then responding. We can learn so much from our children, I have humbled myself to seek that wisdom that can only come from the Holy Spirit. Oh how we rush our boldness and it is wasted. Lord, how I want such boldness that I only act on what pleases you. Claire you have continuously made me proud to be your mom and have taught this old dog new tricks!
Happy 14th birthday my sweet, bold and courageous girl!! I love you!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Proudly designed by Mlekoshi playground