Day 15

Sunday, December 15, 2019


Day 15 of The 25 Gifts of Christmas

The Gift of Children
Some could say that bearing children and raising children have similar pains.
In labor, you try to find a focal point to take your mind off the pain and remain focused on the task at hand - giving birth. You bear down and for me try with no meds to stay focused and know that in the end there will be the joyous reward of your child.
In Raising them, you try to find that focal point once again to take your mind off of the daily frustrations of parenthood and remember why you are doing this. You bear down and again for me no meds (LOL) you stay focused, because in the end you will have the joyous reward of having raised beautiful, independent grown productive citizens of this nation.
Your child is a reward and blessing given to you by the Lord. They are a gift from Him, one that should never be taken for granted.
Whether they bring pride and joy or whether they are teaching us how to be more patient and forgiving, children are a gift.
So thank you Lord for rewarding me with not only their births, but the reward of being able to raise them, and for breaking me when I needed to be broken, bringing me to the brink of losing my Christianity when my kids are testing the Jesus in me, because it is there where my Christian character will grow and so will my relationship with you.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Proudly designed by Mlekoshi playground