Day 5

Thursday, December 5, 2019


Day 5 of The 25 Gifts of Christmas

The Gift of Peace:
There's something about looking at Christmas lights that bring such a peace over me. It might be the tender way it casts out such a pretty glow that makes me consciously breathe slower. It brings a warm feeling inside that relaxs me.
We yearn for peace, we say we need it daily, yet most of the time we don't have it. It is within our reach, but so far from where we are in our lives. I honestly have been 90 miles an hour lately exceeding my time on my feet normally. Quadrupling time on my feet is not the only thing though, my sleep has been off and my mind has been racing, yet since starting these reflections on the gifts from the Lord every night I feel warmth inside, I am relaxed, I kick back and prop up my feet, my mind slows down - I am at peace and finally drift off to sleep.


Lord, I thank you for convicting my heart to spend time with you reflecting on the gifts you have blessed me with, because it has given me a gift within it - a very peaceful gift.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Proudly designed by Mlekoshi playground