Wild Weekend W(r)evelations

Friday, April 21, 2006

In sharing with other moms their stories of raising children, I thought it might be interesting to share with other moms creative ways to discipline your children. So, every weekend I will share with you my "Wild Weekend W(r)evelations". W(r)evelation #1: Children do not like to shop with their moms, especially if they are boys and especially if she's shopping for a bathing suit. Solution: Play a game. Have your children hold one hand on the shopping cart. Whoever holds on to the shopping cart the longest scores a point. Whoever has the most points at the end of the trip gets candy and a drink in check out line, the other only gets to pick one. The Result: I actually managed to find one without three kids screaming once, "Get over here, before I hang you from the racks!" W(r)evelation #2: Children will say the meanest things. Solution: For every mean thing they said to each other, I have required them to sit and face each other, say something nice about the other and then give a kiss on the cheek to each other. The Result: This was torture for my boys, needless to say I haven't heard anything mean --- Yet!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Proudly designed by Mlekoshi playground