The Man of the Ouch

Tuesday, June 27, 2006

Just before leaving my husband had the talk with our seven year old about being the "Man of the House" with our three year old listening intently as well. Their eyes inquisitive and brows twitching they soaked up every word. As he explained that he would be gone for a long time you could see the gears turning with questions ready to fly. "Well, how long is a long time?" "So, will you be back for my birthday?" "Will you be able to watch TV?" "Do they have phones there?" Answers to these questions were just not enough for these heartbroken boys. Their daddy was leaving and no matter what spin you tried to put on it - the outlook still didn't seem good enough to them. But nonetheless, Daddy was determined to leave with no tears. Quite an impossible feat when there is an emotionally stressed mother involved. So, the day came that Daddy had to leave and Mommy was, like predicted, very emotional. Our seven year old quietly walks over and puts his arm around me stating, "It's okay Mom, I'm the Man of the House and I'll take care of you while Daddy is gone." Without missing a beat, our three year old pipes in, "I da Man of the "Ouch" too Mom, I'll take care of your bo-bo."

No comments:

Post a Comment

Proudly designed by Mlekoshi playground